- "I'm hunger. I'm thirst. Where I bite, I hold till I die, and even after death they must cut out my mouthful from my enemy's body and bury it with me. I can fast a hundred years and not die. I can lie a hundred nights on the ice and not freeze. I can drink a river of blood and not burst. Show me your enemies."
- ―An unnamed werewolf that tried to kill Caspian. [src]
Werewolves were creatures capable of transforming from a presumed human-like appearance to that similar to a wolf.
BiographyDuring the Long Winter, they served the White Witch, and were present at the sacrifice of Aslan at the Stone Table. They also fought for her army in the First Battle of Beruna.
Because they were considered among Narnia's darkest creatures, they were most likely some of the White Witch's most valued servants. They were certainly some of her most loyal, as they remained so to her right until the days of the Narnian Revolution, 1300 years after her death. It is unknown how werewolves entered Narnia; they were probably creations of the White Witch.
In 2303, when Caspian X joined the Narnians to help take down his uncle, the usurper Miraz, a werewolf and a Hag tried unsuccessfully to convince him to summon the White Witch back to life, to help rid them of King Miraz. Caspian refused, and a fight broke out between them, resulting in the creatures' and Nikabrik's deaths. The werewolf was among the casualties, but not before biting Caspian.
Werewolves have the ability to turn from a man to a wolf at will.
The myth goes that one had only to be bitten by a werewolf to become one, but apparently, as Caspian was bitten and yet did not change, this myth is not true for Narnian werewolves.
- In The Video game version of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, a Werewolves' howl can stun the player for a short period.
- In the Prince Caspian (video game), the Werewolf can go into a frenzy that can kill the player in little time, and his howl is not as dangerous as in the last game.
- The Werewolf in the Prince Caspian movie is portrayed by Shane Rangi