Feel free to leave comments or questions.
Are you the webmaster of this website. If so, I have been seeing creatures that I didn't read about in stories, see in the media adaptions, or saw in illustrations. Rtkat3 (talk) 1:52, 3 May 2009 (UTC)
- Some already have deletion templates, but no one deleted them yet. I don't even know why some people put them in if they weren't mentioned or seen. Also there was something that seemed to look like a hyena in the Disney version of Aslan's sacrifice, but might've been mistakened for a werewolf (though one with the fur color of one would've been considered a Gnoll). If any appear in future Disney projects of the Narnia series, then they can have their pages reinstated. For the animated version, the White Witch's army had various unspecified creatures like some trolls, a Bigfoot-like creature, an Ostrich-like creature, some Pig Men, a bat-winged bird, a hippopotamus-headed creature, a porcupine-like creature, a gorilla-like creature, something that appears to be a big pink slug with arms, a humanoid alligator, something that looks like a blue caveman, numerous horned things, some creatures that appear ghoulish, some creatures that appear impish, some creatures that resemble gargoyles, some creatures that resemble warlocks, and some creatures that resemble dragon-like creatures. Rtkat3 (talk) $;30, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Thanks but all I did was put the link to Ram's page from the Shasta page. But I have a question, how do I redirect "Ram the Great" to Ram's page?
Could it be possible for someone to change the main page so that it no longer says "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Disney Movie)"? I'm getting kind of irritated with that, even though it isn't that important.
(Main Page>Left column>Movies>The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Disney Movie). Change to "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Fox Movie)" like the page it is redirected to. Thanks, Longliveaslan 04:28, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
Sorry about the mass deletion requests, but in most cases what I meant to do was draw attention to problems with the articles. With the very low amount of action on this wiki, few people seem to pay any attention to the talk pages - I have complained in the discussion pages of several articles and received not response. Reporting problems does not seem to help draw attention either - several articles I reported in this way lay on the list for months without any interest being taken.
The articles that I have been really concerned about though are the ones on Narnian species - I voiced my concerns about these a month or so ago on the Main page discussion. There was a period where people seemed to be assuming that if a species existed on earth, it must exist in Narnia (even if never mentioned in the books) and thus merited an article (ie mammoth, mastodon). Another large quantity of articles regarded creatures (non canon) appearing unnamed in adaptations, clearly not needing their own articles. I know that we are trying to expand the wiki, but shouldn't we be aiming to maintain quality rather than going for quantity? If people want to talk about the creatures seen in the BBC adaptation, or mentioned in film design development, surely a more suitable approach would be to create a grouped 'bestiary' page, or something of the likes.
I am sorry for not justifying the my nominations for deletion (in most cases I considered it self explanatory!), and on my part, I will be sure to do this in future.
Poggin 17:24, 20 May 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for checking over it all - I'll try to keep up the article monitoring. Poggin 20:54, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
First off, thanks for the welcome. Second, thanks for deleting the Gnomes page. In the future, if I want to request that something be considered for deletion, you'd be the one to go to? Rain Thalo 20:34, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks. I wasn't sure if just anybody could use those, or if it had to be run by an admin fisrt or something. Rain Thalo 22:52, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
NARNIA WIKI IN DANGER!!!
Wolfdog, this wiki is beginning to deteriorate. My inbox has been full of edits to my watched pages, and very few of them are good. Three users (actually one, two were IP addresses) have decided that this is a fanfic site, and have been creating creatures, or given the penvensies additional siblings, or given Jadis an adopted daughter. The level of good activity on this wiki is far too low. Someone really tweaked the Main Page, and my last message to you (I admit it was minor) remains unanswered. If you could do SOMETHING, maybe rally the Narnians or something, that would be a lifesaver...or is it wikisaver? --Arvan Swordwielder | Talk | Contributions 16:52, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
- In response to what you replied to Arvan Swordwielder, I wish something could be done with Spenpiano. I'm sure he means well but he's really churning out articles about regular animals that don't really need to be made and crazy hybrid things I've never heard of. What makes it worse is he never follows the Wiki standards and has ignored the numerous requests on his discussion page to follow the standards, posting canonical articles, etc. --benseac 14:40, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- Agreeing with those above - something needs to be done. Poggin 15:46, 9 June 2009 (UTC)
- So I've rallied Poggin in addition to Benseac and Wolfdog! I should talk with the three "Pevensies" --Arvan Swordwielder | Talk | Contributions
- And of course I agree. This user has not boded well with me since his first article. And as far as your other concerns go, I agree there as well. Ask Poggin - it is impossible to find any more articles suitable for article of the month. I would be happy to redo the main ones like I did with Lucy and Peter, but I just don't have the time to do ALL of them. Queenlucythevaliant 15:05, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- We are in fact in dire need of good articles - I've had to skip changing the featured article because none of the articles are up to scratch. I'd be happy to get contribution properly myself again, but I've examms over the next 2 weeks, so they are no-go. If someone else would help on this, I'd be really grateful.Poggin 15:23, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
- I've put a list of articles that should be brought to attention first on my user page. If you'd like to help, the most atentions should probably be paid to them. And I will do my best to work on them myself. Queenlucythevaliant 01:03, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- I have finished my exams and now have time to come back to the World of Narnia and help out as much as possible. EdmundtheJust 01:27, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
- Just ask me to fix something and I will asap.--Kingpeterthemagnificent 13:04, 16 June 2009 (UTC) ***If ya'll are wanting a better wiki, theres a guy called kirkburn and hes part of the wikia staff group. He might help!!! ---beast4012
- My pleasure. This wiki can be a good resource to Narnia fans out there and I'd like to do what I can to keep it that way.--Bennett Seacrist 19:06, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- I'm always glad to help! Keep me posted. Also, thank Queenlucythevaliant. She's started a list of articles in need of major editing. If you have any additional pages, put them on her talk page. --Arvan Swordwielder | Talk | Contributions 19:28, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- I found this page, but I'm not an administrator. --Arvan Swordwielder | Talk | Contributions 23:45, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
LogoWould you consider changing the logo? I found an old logo that I like way better:
PLEASE quickly block both users DragonEmperor and Tojra Ikonoka I'm positive that they are the same person, and he is leaving explicit and inappropriate content on not only my talk page, but also my user page and has deleted the messages Poggin left for you here about him. Rain Thalo 16:43, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Agree - this is kinda desperate. Poggin 16:46, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Some seriously obscene vandalism has cropped up on this Wiki overnight, the perpetrator of which being DragonEmperor. The vandalism occurred on this talk page, as well as the talk page of Rain Thalo, Eustace Scrubb, and a number of articles had been redirected to pages with obscene titles (I have not been able to revert all these due to the anti-spam measures). I would recommend the immediate blocking of DragonEmperor. Poggin 10:34, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- Please take Poggin's advice and block DragonEmperor immediately. I don't know if you read what he posted on my talk page, but it was disgusting. Rain Thalo 15:06, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
- You have to block this creep now! He vandalized my talk page again, deleting a message Poggin left for me, and putting the same disgusting thing as last time in its place. Please get rid of him. Rain Thalo 16:34, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Thanks a ton, you're a champ. The titles of some of the redirects to both my and Poggin's pages are really obscene, and I didn't know if they could be deleted. Rain Thalo 18:04, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Thanks for helping us clean everything up, hopefully we'll never have to deal with that again. Rain Thalo 23:17, 26 June 2009 (UTC)
Please block Andy Scorpius immediately! It's the same person who was causing all that vandalism a few weeks ago and harassing me, and he's doing it again. I tried to revert as much as I could, but I don't think I found all of it. Rain Thalo 15:33, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
- I also reverted a bunch of his garbage (for want of a better word). He even managed to find and destroy a brand new page! GET RID OF HIM!!!
- I've recently recieved a graphic death threat. BLOCK ANDY SCORPIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- If possible, it might be necessary to recreate this site to remove the obscene comments that cannot be deleted. I know several children that like to visit this site, but I do not want them to see the vulgarity all over the wiki. PLEASE REMOVE ANDY SCORPUS <be />
EdmundtheJust 22:14, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
I was made a bureaucrat on a different wiki, and I figured out how to edit the sidebar:
Go to MediaWiki:Monaco-sidebar, and click edit. in the editing screen, scroll down to where it says :Category:Movies|Movies. below that, edit where it says The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Disney movie) and change it to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (Fox movie)
What do you think of making a news section? Also, I like what you did to the sidebar, but I'd put Aslan at the top of the character list (instead of with the villains), and add Polly Plummer under Digory Kirke.
17:32, 6 July 2009 (UTC)
Upon visiting other people's userpages, I noticed that I now have the option of "block user." I thought only admins could block people. What does this mean?? Rain Thalo 16:21, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think so, but I tested out the block button and my browser gave me an error. I've noticed this ability on other wikis, too. Rain Thalo 21:38, 22 July 2009 (UTC)
Whoa whoa whoa!
- There are articles about actors and they are only in the movie. Why not have just movie based info also. I know that the "cannon rules" are for the information to be just movie-based, but we have several that are not just book related. I can see though why it could be considered to keep deleted because the other articles such as actors have to do with things that are in the books. But as well, all the music articles are related to Narnia only through the movie. ~ 01:27, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- According to the main page, "This is a place for information and discussion about the The Chronicles of Narnia books and films as well as anything related to C. S. Lewis's fantasy World of Narnia" ●
- Hmm. Good point. I could no longer find anything about just book info only any more also. ~ 01:52, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
Species to Animals
- Namely if they are Centaurs, Satyrs, Fauns, Dragons, creatures in the White Witch's army, and anything else rhat I can't think of righr now. Rtkat3 (User talk:Rtkat3) 3:53, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
I haven't gotten around this site that much so I was wondering if you could direct me to pages that need a serious face-lift. I'm a decent writer and have a good mind for battles and such. Some of the pages I have been to are in need of serious repair, I was wondering what I could do to help.
vandalism (yet again)
please block this IP address: 220.127.116.11 it's nothing serious, just gibberish on a talk page. Thanks. --00:30, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
01:34, 22 August 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks, but maybe put it under "Recent Blog Posts"? ~Arvan
- I meant below. ~Arvan
- Haha Yes. First, I want... no, just kidding. ~Arvan
- I meant below. ~Arvan
At Wendy's suggestion, I would like to request adminship on this wiki, since you aren't on here very frequently. That way I can help stop vandalism. If you don't reply within a month, I will request to adopt the wiki. ●
- Go to Special:Userrights from there it's obvious. Thanks, ~Arvan
EDIT: Wait, so who created the wiki?
- Well, it allows you to know if someone contacts you or edits a page you're watching. And if you choose, it can allow registered users contact you directly. No one see the email address unless you reply to an email. ~Arvan
What's with the mass-merging of some articles? I had noticed that Dragon and Leopard have been merged with Beast. That page is supposed to contain brief info on the beasts. Also, you might want to consider archiving some of these comments. Rtkat3 (talk) 6:20, 11 November 2009 (UTC)
I've been thinking; this summer, why don't we make this an encyclopedia of C.S. Lewis as well as of Narnia? We could write articles on his other books and also write articles on his family members (his parents, brother, wife, stepchildren, etc). It will require that we get involved enough to read books and write articles, but we should hopefully have more time over the summer than right now. What do you think? I'm putting up a poll on my talk page. ● 02:34, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm glad you're around still. Please vote on User:Arvan Swordwielder/Expansion
You made the article caldron pool the real spelling is cauldron please fix
Agent chant 22:21, March 25, 2010 (UTC)misspelling
You made the article caldron pool the real spelling is cauldron please fix
I saw that you deleted the article Albatross why did you delete it when its mentioned on page 159 and 157 of VDT
Agent chant 20:31, April 7, 2010 (UTC
While were on the topic why did you delete Efreet mentioned on page 148 and 122 of LWW
Agent chant 20:39, April 7, 2010 (UTC)
I noticed a rider on a page that read "This personality article is an opinion by a fan and should not be considered cannon." I believe this would be "canon."
Message to the Admins:
Hello! I work for Wikia, and in the interest of not spamming a big message, I've only written the full version out on one talk page. Please click to read on...
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/SCOTIMUS76/ABBOTTsiggy.png (talk) 00:54, December 2, 2010 (UTC)
Helping out you guys
Hi. I'm Will k. I'm really on to Narnia, and I feel WikiNarnia has grey potential. I'd really love to help out you guys in any way possible, eventually maybe even earning the rank of administrator. Among the services I can offer, I can offer brand new infoboxes, even separate one for things such as Old Narnians, New Narnians, Telmarines, Royalty, etc; Please reply soon as I'd truly love to help you out so this wiki can strive for perfection.
I like your posts wolfdog you'r awesome pleasse check out my Wiki Trolergamers Wiki and suscribe my channel Mr. Carajo random.