Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello, This is my review on The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian film released in 2008.
When I saw The Lion, the Witch, and The Wardrobe it was my second favorite film that I had seen so far. Now of course Middle-Earth dominates over Narnia, I would give Narnia 1 an 'B' average. However it's sequel did not do too well and I will show you the positive and the negative views on this film.
You think Caspian is better than the first? Well most people don't, the first grossed $745,011,272 while Prince Caspian grossed 419,651,413. And since the low income compared to the first, Disney quit the Narnia Project.
- All the cast is the same for the sequel
- The final sword duel with Peter was great and violent
- The Hag and the Werewolf scene was the greatest scene in the movie, and was rather frightening compared to the first.
- The location is good.
- The lighting is good.
- The camera views deserve a thumbs up.
- The music is good.
- The story in my opinion was not the best in the first place.
- The movie was rather long and could bore the audience easily.
- The movie was released several years after the first, so all the actors seem too old to be just one year older.
- The CGI was fine, but nothing new or special. The river god, seemed relatively stupid and fake.
- Peter's sword duel was rather violent, however other epic fight scenes were not as much as they should of been.
- The new mouse character was not an upgrade but a downgrade. The simian mouth speech was not to great on him, plus he looks more like a rat, note his size and his worm like tail.
- The jokes directed to the mouse were lame and pathetic, "Oh, he's so cute" "Who said that?" was not funny along with the pathetic "Your a mouse" "You sir, have no imagination" . That joke made no sense, considering a soldier at the line of battle would not even have time talking to the enemy on the battle field, plus the mouse would not mention imagination if he was real.
- The relationships between the characters were not very good as compared to the first
- The acting was also not as great.
- Aslan did not seem as mighty as in the first, taking away from the effect of him being a symbol of Jesus Christ
- Allegories are not my favorite, however sliding Christian aspects into films many times make a film a lot better, however this did not have much of any aspects.
- A back story of the bridge between the films was needed but was not included.
- Susan's relationship with Caspian sucked, and it wasn't in the book.
- I am aware that some of these were in the book
- The bed assassination against Caspian, Caspian replaces his body with pillows; The bed assassination against the Hobbits, the bodies placed with hay
- The Horse chase against Caspian; The horse chase against Frodo
- As a guard attacks Edmund, Edmund jumps off of the tower and onto the Griffin's back; as Saruman attacks Gandalf, Gandalf jumps off of the tower and onto the Eagle's back
- River spirit in human form drowns the soldiers; River spirit in horse form drowns the Ringwraiths
Overall I would rate this film C.