In the Narnian Empire, titles of nobility referred to honourable ranks of prominent people in Narnian society and often, specifically, members of the ruling class of some political unit. Some nobles possessed more than one title.
List of generic titles
- Emperor/Empress = the male or female leader, respectively, of an empire (a group of kingdoms or nations, in general, and all of their territories); for example, the Narnian Empire or Charn.
- King/Queen = the male or female leader, respectively, of a kingdom (a monarchical/oligarchical nation); for example, the Kingdoms of Narnia or Archenland.
- Duke/Duchess = the male or female leader, respectively, of a duchy (a group of counties); for example, the Duchy of Lantern Waste
- Count/Countess = the male or female leader, respectively, of a county (a group of baronies); for example, the County of the Western March
- Baron/Baroness = the male or female leader, respectively, of a barony (the smallest division within a kingdom); for example, the Barony of Ettinsmoor
- Lord/Lady = the male or female leader, respectively, of a territory (any otherwise unspecifed division of a kingdom); for example, the Territory of Underland
- Sir/Dame = any male or female, respectively, knighted by the King, Queen or Aslan, often followed by a specifc honourary name; for example, Sir Peter Wolf's-Bane
- no title; honourary "Order of Lion" suffix = Order of the Lion
List of specific titles
- Emperor/Empress of the Narnian Empire (the country Narnia itself along with many of its surrounding lands, plus the Lone Islands, bestowed upon Gale, among others later, notably Caspian X, who claimed many islands as well as the Shallow Lands/Underland after the death of the Lady of the Green Kirtle)
- King/Queen of the Kingdom of Narnia
- Emperor/Empress of the Lone Islands (honourarily employed by the King/Queen of the Kingdom of Narnia)
- Duke/Duchess of the Lone Islands (the actual ruling inhabitant of the Lone Islands; originally called the "Governor" prior to Narnian Imperial control)
- High King of Narnia (the highest among a group of king and queens; only ever bestowed upon Peter Pevensie, during the Pevensie oligarchy)
- Overlord/Overlady of Galma
- Lord/Lady of the Seven Islands
- Lord/Lady of Cair Paravel
- Lord/Lady of Telmar (from Caspian I to Tirian, though never an official title)
- Baron/Baroness of Ettinsmoor (acquired after Caspian's conquest)
- Duke/Duchess of Lantern Waste
- Count/Countess of the Western March
- Lord/Lady of the Colonies of Dragon Island, Burnt Island, Deathwater Island, Coriakin's Island, Dark Island (or where it was after it was destroyed by Aslan) and Ramandu's Island.
- Underlord/Underlady of Underland (after the death of the Lady of the Green Kirtle).