| "Could you believe me if I said I'd been right out of the world—outside this world—last summer?"|
Peter Dinklage (born June 11th, 1969) is an American actor. In 2008, he portrayed the dwarf Trumpkin in the Disney/Walden film adaptation of Prince Caspian. Dinklage is a dwarf, standing at 4.5 feet or 1.35 meters and is widely known for his short-actor roles.
Dinklage was born in Morristown, New Jersey, the son of Diane, an elementary school music teacher, and John Carl Dinklage, a retired insurance salesman. He is of German and Irish descent.
Dinklage was born with achondroplasia. He grew up in Mendham Township, New Jersey, and graduated from Delbarton School in Morristown in 1987, and from Bennington College in 1991.
In 2005, Dinklage married Erica Schmidt, a theatre director. In 2011, they had their first child, a daughter.
When asked about his height in a 2003 interview, he said: - "When I was younger, definitely, I let it get to me. As an adolescent, I was bitter and angry and I definitely put up these walls. But the older you get, you realize you just have to have a sense of humor. You just know that it's not your problem. It's theirs."
Dinklage is a vegetarian, and lives with his wife and daughter in Upstate New York. He supports Farm Sanctuary, and has served as the spokesperson for the organization's Walk for Farm Animals.
In 2012 Dinklage won the Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for his role in Game of Thrones (2011)
- Game of Thrones (TV Series) (2011-2014) -- Tyrion Lannister
- X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) -- Dr. Bolivar Trask
- Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008) -- Trumpkin
- Nip/Tuck (TV Series) (2006) -- Marlowe Sawyer)
- Threshold (TV Series) (2005-2006) -- Arthur Ramsey
- Elf (2003) -- Miles Finch
- The Station Agent (2003) -- Finbar McBride
- Dinklage had to wear a beard made of yak hair and a great deal of make-up to play the part of Trumpkin. His makeup took more than three hours to apply each day. This obscured most of his face, forcing him to act with his eyes quite a bit.
- On his first day on the set of Prince Caspian, Dinklage was tied up, bitten by sandflies, and thrown into a river repeatedly.