Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Golden Age Prophecy was the ancient prediction that foretold the coming of the Golden Age of Narnia. It is unknown when the prophecy was first told, but most likely it was when the White Witch first conquered Narnia. It was a set of two separate sayings, which read as follows: -
- Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
- At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
- When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death,
- And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.
- When Adam's flesh and Adam's bone,
- Sits at Cair Paravel in throne,
- The evil time will be over and done.
According to the prophecy, Aslan's reappearance in Narnia would mark the return of spring, and the death of the Age of Winter, after which, the formerly oppressed Narnians' spirits would be revived. The "evil time" would end with the coronation of four humans as Narnia's new kings and queens.
The four Pevensie children were indeed those prophesied four, who had the power to defeat the White Witch Jadis, the unrightful queen of Narnia; their eventual coronation at Cair Paravel (the ancient castle of the rightful Narnian kings and queens) did indeed end the hundred-year winter, and begin the short-lived yet legendary Golden Age.